4th EDITION - JUNE 15-18 2020
LAST UPDATE: we continue to constantly monitor the evolution of the new reopening measures. The latest specific guidelines for each sport (volleyball in particular) do not allow us to carry out our Showcase in Frascati on the dates originally scheduled (15-18 June). Should the situation improve in the coming weeks, we will evaluate the opportunity to carry out the event in July or early August. Details will be provided on the dates, locations and schedule. For more information please contact us.
The fourth edition of the American College Volleyball Showcase is going to exceed all expectations. For the first time, we will be hosting the showcase in the fantastic City of Frascati (just outside of Rome) at the charming Hotel Villa Vecchia where we will eat great Italian cuisine and relax by the pool.
Once again this year, the event will host no more than 30 athletes and 8-10 collegiate coaches to make the experience very personal and fulfilling. The TOEFL test will be administered by our partners, Byron Tree School of English, and will give participants very useful information on how to proceed studying English to achieve the best possible result.
Last but not least, we are confirming Coach Pat Kendrick as the Showcase technical director, she was recently named the Coach of the Year in the Southeast Region of the NAIA as the Head Coach of Xavier University of Louisiana in December 2019. Last season Xula qualified for the NAIA national championships for the first time in the program history.
This event is the only one of its kind in Italy and the best opportunity for being evaluated to obtain an athletic scholarship while meeting great people and learning all you need to know about the collegiate athletic system.
Pat Kendrick has been a coach for 30 years at NCAA DI's George Mason University and has won the Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) Coach of the Year Award 8 times. In the most recent competitive season for XULA, she won Coach of the Year for the Southeast Region in the NAIA.
Luca Cristofani is an Italian volleyball coach who has won almost all of the titles that the national volleyball system can offer (except the A1 series ... for now). He won 15 Italian youth championships, the first in 1995. He also won the C series, B2 series, B1 and A2. He was the first coach of the Peruvian national team in 2011-2012 and assistant coach of the Italian senior national team that won the Mediterranean Games in 2013. He has coached the Italian national teams U23, U20, and U18 for 7 seasons and is the current technical director of Volleyrò Casal di Pazzi. He is currently also the first female Serie A1 manager at Savino Del Bene Volley Scandicci, the only category that was still missing from his career.
Cost (Tuition): The 450€ fee includes:
- Full room and board at the fantastic Hotel Villa Vecchia from Monday at lunch until Thursday morning;
- Technically qualified and English proficient staff;
- English evaluation and TOEFL simulation by certified professors;
- Presentation and Q&A sessions on how to obtain an athletic scholarship in a US college;
- Showcase gear;
- All activities on the current tentative schedule including beach volleyball practices and the walk by the lake night (ice-cream included);
- Staff available 24/7;
1. Fill out the online pre-registration form (free);
2. When full registration opens, pre-registered participants will receive an e-mail with the link to complete registration and with the next steps to follow:
- Bank account information to make a €150,00 deposit and reserve the spot;
- Procedure to make the on-line English evaluation that would allow professors to decide whether or not the athlete will be able to take the TOEFL simulation.
3. Athletes will receive a confirmation e-mail and a list of things to take to the Showcase.
4. By mid-April, participants will receive an e-mail with the final program and be asked to make the final payment.
For athletes interested in beach volleyball only contact us for more information.
For more information contact Jesica:
firstname.lastname@example.org - +39 3463062524 (WhatsApp preferred)