1° MEN'S EDITION 15-17 July 2021
After a year of stop we are finally ready to start again with the 2021 edition of our Showcase which, for the first time, it will also allow Italian and international male volleyball players to approach the world of colleges and show their skills. We are proud to announce the first edition of the men's Showcase, the only event in Italy dedicated to men's collegiate volleyball.
The goal is to ensure that every athlete can demonstrate his athletic, social and cultural skills with the goal of being considered to obtain an athletic scholarship in a USA University.
The Showcase will be led by American coaches assisted by current student-athletes who will help in the intercultural and linguistic exchange between athletes, coaches and staff.
The program includes accommodation in a 4-star hotel in the splendid setting of the Castelli Romani on the outskirts of Rome, 4 indoor volleyball practices, meetings between the consultants and the athletes in collective form and individual and direct contact with American coaches both on and off the court. There will also be a simulation of the TOEFL test run by our partner Byron Tree School of English.
Location: Frascati (Roma), one of the most beautiful and characteristic towns of the Castelli Romani, just outside Rome.
Room and board: Hotel Villa Vecchia, via Frascati 49 - Monte Porzio Catone (Roma).
Practice gym: Palazzetto dello Sport Frascati, viale Luigi Einaudi 7, 00044 - Frascati (Roma).
Transportation: There is a permanent transportation service between the accomodation and the gym. The participation fee includes transportation from / to airport or railway station in the times and manner agreed with the staff.
Athletes: The Showcase includes a maximum of 18 athletes who will be able to carry out training for both groups and individual based on the specific needs of technical / game training of each session. On the main court in parquet will be arranged a single central court.
Staff: The staff will consist of 2 coordinators, 1 head coach of American colleges, 3 student-athletes and 2 assistants for material and transport. Other student-athletes, former volleyball players and professionals/e and Italian coaches are also expected to participate.
Coach Bowerman has more than 10 years of experience coaching volleyball at the high school, club, and collegiate levels. He has been an assistant women’s volleyball coach at Indiana University Kokomo (NAIA) and at Xavier University of Louisiana (NAIA) where he worked under head coach Pat Kendrick and was named the AVCA NAIA Southeast Region Assistant Coach of the Year in 2019. Currently, he is the head men’s volleyball coach at Wabash College (NCAA DIII), which just completed its first season of competition.
She has been a coach for 30 years at NCAA DI's George Mason University and won the Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) Best Coach Award 8 times, before deciding to move to bring her experience to Xavier University of Louisiana. In the recently concluded season, Xavier's volleyball team coached by coach Pat; won the GCAC (Gulf Coast Athletic Conference) for the tenth consecutive season, thus guaranteeing access to the national qualifying stages. Several Italian athletes have been and still are part of the team with a scholarship for athletic merit. Coach Pat has led the training sessions of all our editions of the women's Showcase and we are proud to continue to have her with us again this year in this first men's event.
Cost (Tuition): 280,00€ includes:
- Full room and board at the splendid structure of Villa Vecchia from Thursday 15th afternoon to Saturday 17th after lunch;
- Technically qualified and English proficient staff;
- English evaluation and TOEFL simulation by certified professors;
- Information and material on how to get college athletic scholarship through specific presentations and various activities on American's academic, sports and cultural systems;
- Showcase gear;
- All the activities on the current tentative schedule including any trips and evening in the center of Frascati (ice-cream included);
- Staff available 24/7;
- Personalized schedule and individual interview with each of the participants at the end of the event with a report of the evaluation by the American coaches.
COVID PREVENTION: all Covid protocols will be respected both within the hotel, during the training sessions and the various organized activities. To further ensure the safe conduct of the event upon arrival, all participants will be subjected to a quick swab.
Registrations are also officially open for the conference on Thursday July 15th at 21:30: "How to get a scholarship for athletic merit in American colleges". The event is free, open - subject to mandatory registration - to athletes, parents and interested in all sports sponsored by American leagues. Limited number of seats. For registration: CLICK HERE
1. Confirm your registration by filling in the participation form:
2.The participant will receive an email with the next steps:
- Bank details to make the initial payment of €150,00 and reserve your seat*
- Procedure to carry out the online English assessment that will allow teachers to determine whether the athlete has the necessary skills to support the TOEFL simulation.
3. The participants will then receive an email for the balance of the participation fee and final confirmation of the registration and assignment place together with a list of things to bring to the Showcase.
Registrations open subject to availability of places per positions.
* In case of renunciation or cancellation, the initial payment will be refunded in full or in part with the following methods:
- Refund of 100% of the amount in case of cancellation of the event due to force majeure.
- Refund of 100% of the amount in case of cancellation by June 15th, 2021.
- Refund of 50% of the amount in case of cancellation by June 20th, 2021.
- No refund of the initial payment in case of cancellation after June 30th, 2021, but the athlete will have full credit for participation in a subsequent edition of the Showcase or discount on the contract.
For more information contact Jesica
firstname.lastname@example.org - +39 3463062524
Event sponsored by